Follow sports and news from across North Kitsap School District with Herald reporter Kipp Robertson.
School district forming community advisory committeeAugust 20th, 2013 at Tue, 20th, 2013 at 9:53 am by Kipp Robertson
North Kitsap School District administration is seeking residents of the north end of Kitsap to apply to a new advisory committee.
The Community Financial Advisory Committee will focus its efforts on long-range financial items and strategies that will help lead to recommendations to the school board.
Committee task and requirements will include:
- Serving in an advisory role regarding long-range district financial items
- Provide community perspective to the district in planning long-range financial strategies
- Collaborate with the director of finance, business and operations in developing fiscal recommendations
- Act as liaison to the community and facilitate at public town meetings
- Review levy and bond election scenarios and provide recommendations
Committee members must reside within the district, become educated in school finance, and maintain a broad focus for the commitment of identifying funding to meet the needs of students.